Social Media Strategies For B2B Companies In 2022 – With almost five billion users worldwide, it’s crucial to include social media in your B2B company’s business plan for 2022. As long as used properly, social media can become your avenue to hauling in more clients, making more sales, and attaining industry success in 2022.
Here are four social media strategies you can use for your B2B company:
1. Most B2B Companies Will Focus On No More Than Three Social Media Platforms
Contrary to popular belief, using more social media platforms to market your B2B company doesn’t increase your chances of succeeding. Marketing using social media will require time and effort as you need to update your accounts regularly. Attempting to use too many platforms simultaneously can lead to stale content, which can put your B2B company in a bad light.
If you want to hop into SaaS marketing trends in 2022, focus on using no more than three social media platforms. Managing three social media platforms allows you to expand your reach to new audiences while engaging with clients without compromising the quality of your content.
For you to determine which social media platforms to retain and discontinue using, answer the questions below:
- What do you want to achieve on social media? Since different social media platforms have different uses, it’s important to determine your goals first, so you’ll know which platform to use. Posting content on a platform that doesn’t align with your goals will put all of your resources down the drain.
- What’s the nature of your business? Think about the nature of your business and consider how you can highlight this on various social media platforms. For example, if your B2B company is product-oriented, you might want to focus on using Instagram to highlight photos of your products and how previous clients have been using them in their own businesses.
- What platforms does your target audience use? Focus on social media platforms that are regularly used by your target audience. This will make it easier for you to engage and foster healthy relationships with them.
2. TikTok Will Continue To Rise
TikTok was launched in September 2016 but only became the most downloaded app in the world during the first quarter of 2020. From 133 million users in 2018, TikTok has over one billion users as of 2021. And this social media platform will continue to rise in 2022.
If you want to make waves in social media in 2022, utilize TikTok. You can enjoy countless benefits when you use this platform in the following ways:
- Start a branded channel: Create a channel for your B2B company and experiment with different types of content. You can play around with the app’s effects, sound bites, and built-in filters to market your products and services and engage with your target audience.
- Collaborate with influencers: Looking for ways to attract your target audience fast through TikTok? Reach out to influencers and let them talk about your B2B company. Influencers who live and breathe TikTok have millions or billions of highly engaged followers.
- Start a hashtag challenge: Think out of the box and start a hashtag challenge on TikTok. This is an excellent way for your B2B company to start a meme or cultural theme. This can also attract thousands of companies worldwide and increase your visibility online.
3. Shorter Videos Will Attract More Clients
Video marketing is no longer new. In fact, countless B2B companies have been using videos to market their offerings and create a brand online. However, marketing trends will emerge in 2022—and this includes how B2B companies should use videos.
For 2022, it’s best to use short-form videos as these require less bandwidth and is fitting to the shorter attention spans of online audiences. As businesses rely on technology, they want to see information fast—which is why it’s important to create short yet impactful videos in 2022.
4. Permanent Social Media Posts Will Take Over Ephemeral Stories
Instagram and Facebook stories have been very popular in 2021. These features enable you to share short videos and photos for 24 hours. Because of the length, you can think of Instagram and Facebook stories as trailers, something that will excite your followers on social media.
Although using Instagram and Facebook stories as part of your business plan in 2022 brings benefits, you shouldn’t solely focus on using these. Research shows that permanent social posts, such as standard posts, live events, and videos, will be more effective than ephemeral stories.
Permanent social media posts bring more return on investment or ROI to B2B companies as these types of content are accessible days after posting them. This will encourage brand recall among your target audience as they can view your content over and over again.
Don’t Forget To Monitor
As you implement social media strategies for 2022, don’t forget to prioritize monitoring your efforts. Adapting to social media strategies will be useless if you don’t have any idea if these are actually bringing results for your B2B company. Monitoring your social media strategies is essential to determine if you’re making any progress or if your strategies need improvement.
Terrence Wells is a social media marketing strategist. He helps in marketing business using different social media platforms by conducting webinars. He also writes blog posts and guest posts to share his expertise. Terrence enjoys swimming and surfing in his free time.
Review 4 Social Media Strategies For B2B Companies In 2022.