Table of Contents
What is Legend of Runeterra?
- Legend of Runeterra, is a part of the League of Legends universe, is a strategic card game where skill, creativity, and talent will determine your victory.
In LoR, you can:
- Build decks that feature your favorite League champions (we’ve got new characters too!)
- From the Legend of Runeterra regions, where each one has its strategic advantage.
- Take on your opponent in dynamic, turn-based battles filled with opportunities to win.
- Get free cards while you play or buy just what you need from the store.
- You choose how to complete your Legend of Runeterra collection.
- For what platforms will it be available? Will it be multiplatform?
- LoR is developing for PC and mobile devices (the latter will arrive at launch) and will be available for multiplatform.
How can I access LoR at this time?
- For now, you can pre-register for a chance to play on PC during a special preview version and later during the closed beta in early 2020.
- We will launch the preview version of the announcement from 15 (9 PM CO / MX; 11 PM AR / CL) to October 20 (9 PM CO / MX; 11 PM AR / CL).
- Later in November, we will release another preview version.
- You will also watch LoR matches live on YouTube and Twitch for a chance to get immediate access.
- Link your Riot account (or your existing LoL account) to your YouTube account.
- This step is MANDATORY to have the opportunity to get immediate access.
- Watch live streams on the Riot Games, Legend of Runeterra, and League of Legends channels.
- If you grant access, we will notify you via the email associated with your Riot account.
- Link your Riot account (or your existing LoL account) to your Twitch account.
- This step is MANDATORY to have the opportunity to gain access.
- Watch LoR matches on any Twitch channel.
- If you grant access, we will notify you via the Twitch notification panel and the email associated with your Riot account.
When will you be released?
- At the moment, you can pre-register for a chance to play on PC during a particular preview version and later during the closed beta in early 2020.
- The full launch, which includes the mobile version, will take place in 2020.
- As soon as we can be deciding on an exact date, you will be the first to know.
Is there a reward for pre-registration?
- All accounts that pre-register will receive the exclusive Enchanted Blue Poro Guardian once we launch Legends of Runeterra in 2020.
- You only need to log in once during the beta to get this variant of Poro Guardian (although you will not receive the variant until we release LoR ) or within seven days of the LoR release.
- Don’t worry; your little friend will be waiting for you.
Why did Riot create a card game?
- Many of us have been playing card games since we were children, so we are well aware of the problems with the genre – sometimes, you have to pay a hefty amount to try a different deck.
- The random element is so marked that it decides which player will win—repeatedly playing against the same deck and cards that sit idle for too long.
So we asked ourselves: what if we could change that?
- We spend a lot of time thinking about things that we could do differently.
- And now we have a chance to change the genre by keeping what works, improving what doesn’t, and adding a few twists of our own.
- For this reason, we have been working hard to create the best card game we could imagine, a game that players worldwide love.
- We are very excited to show different players what we have so far, and we can’t wait to hear from you.
What’s different about you?
- In addition to extrapolating the entire League of Legends universe to an entirely new game.
- Including the champions, characters, creatures, and regions of Runeterra, there are three essential goals we pursue with LoR:
- Achieve the correct balance between accessibility and strategic depth.
- Give players more agency and control in the process of getting cards.
- Encourage a diverse metagame and continued experimentation with regular releases and balance updates.
Who is the target audience for you?
- You will be familiar with LoR players who like strategy and card game players looking for something different.
- However, we hope that everyone will find something they want or that this game leads them to play regularly.
Be a Legend
- Take turns fighting in a dynamic game full of opportunities to adapt and counter each strategy.
- Choose your move, but don’t let your guard down because your opponent has his plan.
- It all comes down to this: can your cunning surpass your opponent’s?
ABILITY ABOVE EVERYTHING
- It’s all about the decisions and the risks you take.
- Every move is decisive, and you are responsible for using the cards to your advantage.
CREATE YOUR STRATEGY
- Combine, adapt, and experiment with new releases from each region in an ever-evolving meta-game.
YOUR LETTERS, YOUR RULES
- Get free cards while you play or shop for just what you need.
- You choose how to complete your collection.