In this digital era, the Web of Things (WoT) dominates. From bulky analog computers, modern people enjoy the complex nature of the internet. Ironically, this complexity brings convenience because of the automation, lightning speed, and multiple tasks computers, software programs, and applications can do.
What Does Web of Things (WoT) Mean?
- Web of Things is a new concept of computers that describes a future where everyday objects integrate with the Web.
- The prerequisite for WoT is for the “things” to have embedded computer systems that enable communication with the Web.
- Such intelligent devices would then be able to communicate with each other using existing Web standards.
Explains Web of Things (WoT)
- Considered a subset of the Internet of Things (IoT), WoT focuses on software standards.
- Also, frameworks such as REST, HTTP, and URIs to create applications and services that combine and interact with various network devices.
- So, you could think of the Web of Things as everyday objects to access Web services.
- The critical point is that this doesn’t involve the reinvention of the means of communication because of existing standards.
- Internet of Things or radiofrequency identification (RFID) and how physical objects to the Internet can communicate with each other.
- Both terms are difficult to define precisely, although they are in their general theme.
What WoT Features?
- The definition of WoT is nothing but a grouping of devices and objects (either private and the Internet.
- Also, the network where all of them can interact—things such as the refrigerator, footwear, or clothing.
- Anything you can imagine, such as technology, could be connected to the Internet and interact without the need for human intervention.
- However, the goal, therefore, is a machine-to-machine interaction, or what is known as an M2M (machine to machine) interaction or M2M devices.
Why is WoT fashionable?
- The Internet has evolved rapidly, making iot a reality and not just a future vision.
- Also, The fame of this technology lies mainly in all the applications.
- And possibilities that it provides us both to improve both people’s daily lives and business environments.
- Also, where it has already for some time.
- Security systems that connect to the network or technology notify you.
- However, when someone enters your house or those devices that allow you to turn on the heating from a mobile phone.
Another basic example of an application would be in the livestock sector.
- Also, where biometric monitoring and geolocation is a factor that helps farmers to ensure that their animals.
- Terms can be use related to WoT can be “Smart Cities” and “Smart Buildings,” .
- However, where WoT devices improve traffic control, water and heating supplies in a building, control of public transport, etc.
What are WoT technologies?
- As we can see, IoT is already here, and it is a reality.
- Its scope of application is vast, and every day more and more devices are emerging that make this information technology possible and better.
- This technology or network associated with the IoT allows data to be collected.
- Also, sent to the Web for analysis or even to carry out a previous study and then send it to the network.
- This communication process is where IoT is evolving.
- One obstacle to overcome is the type of protocol with which these devices communicate (that is, “the language” that they speak between them).
What applications does it have?
- Additionally, each manufacturer or “vendor” has communication protocols that mean that not all devices are compatible.
- One of the mechanisms that establish is the creation of an open.
- And standard protocol (proposed by IBM) called MQTT (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport).
- On the other hand, if we are looking for devices for WoT.
- However, you have to consider various aspects such as high or low consumption and that they are small.
Why Is IT Support Crucial In WoT?
As WoT expands, people and companies need security when managing digital data. Hence, many organizations hire IT support Melbourne services to safeguard hardware and software systems.
- In-House IT Services
In-house IT support services are essential in maintaining robust cybersecurity, which involves hiring IT staff to work exclusively for the company. Phishing, data breach, and malware are just some of the vulnerabilities of using WoT. With the help of experienced IT professionals, organizations can reduce the risks of these cybersecurity threats.
- Managed Service Providers
MSPs are outsourced. They ensure that business data and IT systems are up-to-date and highly secure. They provide a high level of encryption, software and hardware updates, firewalls, anti-virus programs, and other cybersecurity features to prevent cyberattacks.
What are the latest devices for WoT?
- Hence SoCs (SoC, System on Chip) is integral.
- As examples of prominent manufacturers, we have ARM and Intel.
- They are allowing users to assemble their own devices and control circuits for the home.
Essential part of an WoT device
- Another essential part of an WoT device is the sensors.
- Also, the processor and the platform are responsible for managing the information or Web.
- Also, but this must come from the sensors.
- In this case or sense, Arduino has made this type of technology available to all users.
Also Read: Wireless Internet – What is Wi-Fi Wireless Internet and How does it work?
You’re now aware of the definition, importance, features, and other information about WoT. With this technology’s immense power, people should protect their data and devices. Make sure to keep your systems updated and beware of suspicious online activities. By doing so, you can harness the full potential benefits of WoT.
Review WoT- What is the Web of Things (WoT), Definition, and Applications.