Information Security – What is information security? Definition, principles, and steps
What is Information Security?
- As we indicated, Information Security encompasses techniques.
- It measures to control all the data handled within an institution and ensure that it does not leave that system.
- Mainly these types of systems are based on new technologies.
- Therefore it will protect the available data in said system and to which only authorized users will have access.
- On the other hand, no changes can be made to the information unless done by the users who have the corresponding permissions.
Information security must respond to three main qualities:
- On the one hand, it must be critical since it is a fundamental piece for the company.
- To carry out its operations without assuming too many risks. It must also be valuable since the handle’s data is essential for the future of the business.
- Finally, it has to be sensitive since the system can use by people who are duly authorized.
- In addition, it is into account that information security must deal.
- Risks, analyze them, prevent them and find quick solutions to eliminate them if the case arises.
The goal of information security: features
- The primary and essential objective of information security is to protect company data.
Three fundamental aspects:
- Confidentiality, availability, and integrity.
- Strategies establish where the action policies for each of these cases.
- It will also be necessary to establish technologies, including security controls.
- All the processes that will carry out to detect the risks to which the system may expose.
What are these three fundamental aspects?
- Through it guarantees that the data stored in the system yet to other entities.
- Individuals who are not authorized to access that information.
- All the information collected in the system must always be available to authorized users at any time that they need to access it.
- For the system to be actual, This guarantees that the information collected is accurate and modify.
- Unless an authorized user has done so by express order.
Services offered by information security
- We are already clear that it ensures the proper functioning of company data
- The transmission of information from some users to others as long as they are authorized.
- It is also a system that uses different protocols to perform its function correctly.
- We speak, for example, of cryptography, which uses an encrypted code.
- Also, Identification to validate the process, and even a logical sequencing.
Steps of sending messages:
- It is borne in mind that another essential aspect is to know the techniques to prevent risks within information security.
- Some companies try to avoid them at all costs, others that reduce them to the lowest level.
- Try to solve the problem or, on the contrary, share the risk.
- All of this is part of the learning and knowledge that security professionals can obtain by taking the Master in Business Information Security.
Utilization of Axis of Symmetry in General Mathematics
Utilization of Axis of Symmetry in General Mathematics – Symmetry is profound in our general lives as we often see…