PS4 and PS5 Controller
- The Best PlayStation Controller 2021 is trending as Sony isn’t afraid of change when it comes to the controllers.
- It ships alongside every iteration of its famous PlayStation consoles, from the original DualShock and its three sequels to the surprising new DualSense, the PS5 controller.
- However, consoles only come with one controller, aside from a few packages, so most people will soon find that they need a second platform to play co-op or play against their peers on the couch.
- That or you may have worn out your current controller or are in the mood for some added perks like customization and even extra buttons.
- Looking for a new platform for Best PlayStation Controller 2021.
- We have rounded up some of the best available here.
- Keep in mind for now, though, that only DualSense works with PS5 games on the new console at present until new pads hit the market.
Top PS4 or PS5 Controllers
Our pick for the best PS4 or PS5 controllers
1. Sony DualSense
- The latest in Sony’s long list of great controllers is perhaps the best of all, and it makes perfect sense to get a second DualSense for your PS5.
- The controller has improved haptic feedback and triggers to enhance immersion while gaming.
- Plus a built-in microphone for more ways to interact with games and your friends.
- It also has a striking color scheme. However, keep in mind that it will not work on your PS4.
2. Razer Raiju Ultimate
- If you have a PlayStation 4 for now and want to get ahead of the competition in online games or get more options for solo adventures, the Razer Raiju Ultimate is your best option, a supreme wireless pad.
- It’s much more expensive, but it’s aimed at serious gamers, with four additional programmable buttons to give you easier fine control.
- In contrast, gaming and buttons and triggers feel better to use than Sony’s own.
- It’s nice and sturdy too, which makes it comfortable compared to the DualShock 4.
- Being able to switch the control sticks and D-Pad easily as you like is a bonus.
- It is an enthusiast controller, but we’ve enjoyed our time using it so much that going back to a standard DualShock 4 would feel like a wrench.
- However, keep in mind that the Raiju will only work with PS4 games on PS5.
3. Sony DualShock 4
- If you’re still on PS4 but don’t want to spend too much, there’s nothing quite like the old classic DualShock 4.
- It’s a gorgeous gamepad and, for our money, the best official pad Sony had ever made when it launched.
- It has excellent controls and the apparent benefits of wireless connectivity and seamless connections to your console.
- However, it should note that it will only work with the PS5 in a limited way when playing backward compatible PS4 games on the new console, to be specific.
- That means it’s not the most future-proof investment right now.
4. Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro
- Nacon has a real competitor for your PS4 against the Razer platform that we have previously featured in the form of the excellent Revolution Unlimited.
- It’s a tremendous wireless pad that provides much of the customization you might be looking for, including weights to change your overall weight!
- There are additional buttons where fingers grip, interchangeable thumbsticks, and even more, and a fundamental shift in the asymmetry of the joystick design, more like an Xbox keyboard.
- If that’s something you want, this is an excellent option for hands used to Microsoft’s strategy.
- However, similarly, it will only have limited compatibility with the PS5 for now.