What is Nety?
- What is the difference between Nety and .com? How does this affect the SEO of my website?
- When you want to launch your brand or your business into the online world and new to this,
- These types of doubts arise.
- Your domain will be the name that represents you on the Internet, and you have to think about it very well.
- But don’t worry, in this post, I’m going to try to get them all resolved.
.Com and .net domains
- A domain is that identifies case a web page on the Internet.
- To give you an idea, it is equivalent to the physical address or a store.
- In the same way that a GPS needs the full address to give you directions to get to a place.
- The browser needs the domain name to search the content and show you the website you are requesting.
Domains two parts:
- Is the set of characters that refer to your brand or your page Nety.
- For example, in the case of the domain lucushost.com, the name is “LucusHost.”
- Is the part of the domain that comes after the name and period.
- In the case of the lucushost.com domain, the extension is “.com.”
Main purpose of a web page:
- .com: web pages related to commerce.
- Technology companies or websites linked to telecommunications (network).
- Web pages linked to organizations.
- Business-related websites (English abbreviation for business).
- Sites aimed at the public in Spain.
- Extension reserved for educational or teaching centers.
- Firms or sites based in the European Union.
- Currently, there are almost no restrictions when buying one or another extension.
- You can register a .com or .net domain, but keep in mind that the purpose of these two extensions is not the same.
Differences between a .com and .net domain
- A .com domain is a generic extension that can be adapted to almost any web page that you will publish on the Internet.
- Instead, a Nety environment is much more focused on companies and services linked to the Internet.
- In recent years, the use of Nety domains has also spread to online games and worthless gambling sites.
- Some countries, such as the United States, have stringent laws regarding promoting and advertising online casinos or value bets.
Companies choose to have two different pages
- A .com in which they operate with real money and aversion.
- Nety, but that they can promote and advertise.
- I’m going to give you two examples to see the difference between a .com and Nety domain.
- Imagine you have an agency that helps small businesses take their business to the online world.
- In this case, either of the two extensions, .com or Nety, can be a perfect option for you.
- The .com because it is a generic extension and the Nety because your business is related to the Internet.
- On the other hand, instead of an agency
- If you have an aesthetic clinic and you are going to create a website where your clients can book or check the prices of your treatments.
Would it make sense to use a Nety domain?
- Not in principle, but things have changed a lot.
Will .net become the alternative to .com?
- The market for .com domains is saturated, and it is sometimes challenging to find a domain name with this extension that matches your company name or brand.
- So much so that it is currently the fourth most used domain extension, after the .com, .ru (Russian ccTLDs), and .org.
Also Read: Call PC – Process, Call Pc Applications, Advantages, Tips, and More