Netf – What it is, how it works, and Get to know the framework
What is Netf?
- The release of the Netf platform was first officially announced by Microsoft in 2000.
- But, two years later, the framework was released as part of Visual Studio Netf.
- The importance of each technology that the platform includes has changed significantly over time.
- In this article, you will learn about all the evolution of .NET and its best features.
More about Netf
- Netf is an application platform that enables the creation and execution of web services and Internet applications.
- In the development platform, a series of languages, implementations, tools, and libraries.
- In short, it is today the most used software development platform for new software development projects in addition to Java.
- Microsoft Netf is a collection of different Microsoft software platforms.
- The original framework is a direct competition to the Java platform.
- Until about 2003, the term .NET served Microsoft as a marketing term.
- Today, the Netf framework has become indispensable in daily practice.
What are main Components of the .NET Architecture?
- The components of the Netf architecture play an important role in application development.
Classic components of the .NET architecture
- Also, Netf Framework, a monolithic framework.
- The most current .NET Core framework, which is modular, the Xamarin platform, and the specific Windows UWP.
- Below I explain them in greater detail for your better understanding.
Implementations of the .NET Framework subcategories and categories of programs
- Therefore contains other execution models that the user must choose from when developing the software.
- The basis of the development is the class library, which has been generally available as a shared source since 2014.
- The so-called base class library allows the development of applications for Windows environments and platforms such as Android or macOS.
- This development platform creates Windows, mobile windows, windows server.
- Also, with Asp.net, WPF, and Windows Forms.
- However, on the other hand, .NET Core was a new alternative to the .NET Framework in 2015.
- The Core Ex class library is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- For Android, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, macOS, and Windows.
- This one had specific tools and libraries.
- Lastly, include UWP, the universal Windows platform.
- Although some developers place it within the Netf Core platform by sharing some core libraries, Microsoft likes to see it as just another implementation.
- .NET Standard Library Another component that was part of the architecture was the portable PCL class library.
PCLs compatibility disadvantages
- To do this, the developers created the API .NET Standard Library.
- Also, It is a fusion of the base and best PCL libraries that is compatible with all implementations.
- Today, with the latest version of Visual Studio in 2017, the PCLs were deprecated.
- And also, removed from the system and the base libraries for each implementation.
- Instead, we use the Netf Standard Library.
- Also, there are other supplemental APIs that are specific to the operating systems it runs on.
- Also, One of the relevant parts of the architecture is the Entorno.
- Runtime, which, as the name suggests, you run the program run or time interval in which software runs on an operating system.
According to the implementation used
- CLR (Common Language Runtime).
- Core CLR ( Core Common Language Runtime ).
- Mono deployment environment.
- Firstly, the .NET Native.
- Secondly, what is Common Infrastructure
- Lastly, continuing with the architecture components
Common Infrastructure where the programming languages are
- C #, F #, VB, and the Ms. Build compilation engine to compile the projects.
- However, Development Tools for the creation of web or mobile applications in the different operating systems mentioned:
The package manager for Microsoft
Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- And also, Visual Studio, Xamarin Studio, Visual Studio for Mac, JetBrains Rider.
- Also, Visual Studio Code and OmniSharp Plugin.
It’s The Bitcoin Era: Why Should You Invest in It?
A few years ago, the term “cryptocurrency” was hardly recognized globally or was something people were immensely interested in. Within…
Buying Bitcoins for The First Time!
Buying Bitcoins for The First Time! – If you are new to bitcoin, you must still be struggling to understand…