What is Information Security?
- As we indicated, Information Security encompasses techniques.
- It measures to control all the data handled within an institution and ensure that it does not leave that system.
- Mainly these types of systems are based on new technologies.
- Therefore it will protect the available data in said system and to which only authorized users will have access.
- On the other hand, no changes can be made to the information unless done by the users who have the corresponding permissions.
Information security must respond to three main qualities:
- On the one hand, it must be critical since it is a fundamental piece for the company.
- To carry out its operations without assuming too many risks. It must also be valuable since the handle’s data is essential for the future of the business.
- Finally, it has to be sensitive since the system can use by people who are duly authorized.
- In addition, it is into account that information security must deal.
- Risks, analyze them, prevent them and find quick solutions to eliminate them if the case arises.
The goal of information security: features
- The primary and essential objective of information security is to protect company data.
Three fundamental aspects:
- Confidentiality, availability, and integrity.
- Strategies establish where the action policies for each of these cases.
- It will also be necessary to establish technologies, including security controls.
- All the processes that will carry out to detect the risks to which the system may expose.
What are these three fundamental aspects?
- Through it guarantees that the data stored in the system yet to other entities.
- Individuals who are not authorized to access that information.
- All the information collected in the system must always be available to authorized users at any time that they need to access it.
- For the system to be actual, This guarantees that the information collected is accurate and modify.
- Unless an authorized user has done so by express order.
Services offered by information security
- We are already clear that it ensures the proper functioning of company data
- The transmission of information from some users to others as long as they are authorized.
- It is also a system that uses different protocols to perform its function correctly.
- We speak, for example, of cryptography, which uses an encrypted code.
- Also, Identification to validate the process, and even a logical sequencing.
Steps of sending messages:
- It is borne in mind that another essential aspect is to know the techniques to prevent risks within information security.
- Some companies try to avoid them at all costs, others that reduce them to the lowest level.
- Try to solve the problem or, on the contrary, share the risk.
- All of this is part of the learning and knowledge that security professionals can obtain by taking the Master in Business Information Security.
Also Read: Newest Samsung Tablets – Features, Price, Top New Samsung Tablets, and Deals