What is Artificial Intelligence? How Does AI Work?
- Artificial Intelligence gained relevance in this era of technology in which computing and digitization are growing exponentially.
WHAT DOES ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE MEANS?
- Artificial Intelligence is similar to the human intelligence of machines.
- In other words, it is the discipline that tries to create systems capable of learning and reasoning like a human being, learn from experience.
- Find out how to solve problems under given conditions, contrast information, and carry out logical tasks.
- The fact that a system has humanoid hardware and acts physically is a field belonging to robotics.
- It is far from the concept of Artificial Intelligence, which focuses on emulating the way of thinking and reasoning of humans.
- It is to note that if a system could learn and think like a human, it would have notable advantages over it, thanks to its speed and calculation capacity.
HISTORICAL CONTEXT AND PILLARS OF THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Artificial Intelligence is a creative concept.
- For example, in the seventeenth century, the philosopher Descartes already theorized about the possibility of intelligent automata.
- Of course, it was not until the middle of the twentieth century when the issue began to gain results.
- A few of the AI challenges are by Alan Turing in 1950, which consisted of the following test: “A system is intelligent enough if it manages to pass itself off as human when asked by a judge.”
- Curiously, this test is still a great challenge today.
- Years later, the renowned computer scientist John McCarthy coined the term “Artificial Intelligence” at the famous Dartmouth Conference in 1956.
- However, what seemed like the rise of a branch of technological research ended in speculation and isolated projects for decades, among other reasons.
- It turned out to be a field in which no one dared to invest money seriously.
EXAMPLES AND USE CASES OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
Artificial intelligence is t find in every corner of the new technology world.
1. Devices in the house
- Home automation is one of the “common” fields in Artificial Intelligence, where the users can enjoy it for a long time.
2. Spam filter used
- It is not one of the most impressive AI.
- Still, companies like Google or Microsoft apply many algorithms in constant evolution intending to detect fraudulent and SPAM-type emails.
3. Personalized Advertisement
- AI systems use search engines and social networks that analyze all the information available to the user.
- Also, to show them ads with which they will probably interact.
4. Expert agents
- They are usually systems highly trained in a specific intellectual activity, based on experts in the field.
- However, a classic example is that of systems that play chess.
- Systems that make exciting use of NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Improve with each experience; enable consistent two-way communication with humans, whether oral or written.
6. Video game
- Perhaps one of the most obvious, but it has always been one of the primary sources of improvement in AI.
- Also, in this eternal quest to make “the machine” act coherently and realistically.
- And, in a game, be it an enemy soldier or a racing car. Also find more helpful resources at thedigitaltrendz
Also Read: Best Google apps – Eight Little-Known Google Apps That Are Very Helpful