Here’s How Many Animals Are Going to the River
- In recent hours, a riddle 1 Rabbit saw 9 Elephants that almost no one answers well or that, at least, leaves users thinking for a long time has gone viral on Facebook.
- In reality, this enigma is not new, but a user has shared it in Mexico, and as Yanny or Laurel did a few days ago, the Internet is talking about it.
The riddle in question is the following
- A rabbit saw six elephants while heading to the river.
- Each elephant saw two monkeys heading to the river.
- Each monkey holds a parrot’s hands.
- How many animals go to the river?
- The simplest thing evident to the naked eye is to add up all the animals that appear in the problem.
- That is a total of 31.
What is complex about 1 Rabbit saw 9 Elephants?
- As often happens in this type of problem, you have to pay close attention to the words and the statement, rather than the number.
- The rabbit goes to the river—the monkeys, and consequently, the parrots too.
- But the fact is that at no time is it said that elephants go to the river. So the result would be 25.
- The answer lies in what the elephants saw.
- That is if all the elephants saw only two monkeys, the figure varies.
- So, we already know that the elephants didn’t go to the river, but we also have to attend to the monkeys because all the elephants only saw the same two monkeys—no need to add.
Why does everyone answer this viral riddle wrong on Facebook?
- The answer to the riddle about a 1 Rabbit saw 9 Elephants while heading to the river is not what everyone thinks.
- In these times of confinement, quarantine, and social distancing, many people have turned to social networks to share experiences, memes, advice, and, why not, mathematical problems.
- One of the math problems that has gone viral is that a rabbit saw six elephants while traveling to the river.
- The answer to this riddle lies in what the elephants saw.
- Because if all the elephants saw only two monkeys then the matter changes significantly.
- Thus, if the giant pachyderms do not go to the river, the number of elephants is irrelevant.
- For two reasons: first, because the elephants do not go to the river; later, because all the elephants only saw the same two monkeys.
- The answer would then be a rabbit, plus two monkeys, plus two parrots.
1 Rabbit saw 9 Elephants, Why?
- If you think about it, from the way the puzzle, there are several correct answers:
- If the elephants are not heading to the river and they all see the same two monkeys, the answer is 5.
- Also, if the elephants don’t go to the river and each one sees a different monkey, then the correct answer is 25.
- But if the elephants go to the river (which is impossible to deny because of the ambiguous meaning of the phrase) and they all see the same monkeys, then the answer is 11.
- And if the elephants go to the river and each sees a different monkey, then the correct answer is 31, the one that seemed most obvious.
Also Read: Among Us – Among Us is free on the Epic Games Store, Analysis, Tricks, and More